This message contains important information to help you get ready for your fall 2016 online classes.
#1: Accessing Online Courses at MPC
MPC is currently in the process of transitioning to a new Learning Management System called "Canvas" to deliver online course materials to students. Some faculty have started to use Canvas to deliver courses, provide class materials, collect assignments, post grades, etc. beginning fall 2016 while others will still use the old MPC Online system.
During the transition (fall 2016-spring 2017) you may have some courses in Canvas and some in the old MPC Online system this semester. Canvas will replace the current MPC Online system by fall 2017. Your instructor should communicate with you soon to let you know how to get started with your online course and which system you will be using.
Instructions for Accessing Courses in Canvas:
- IMPORTANT FIRST STEP: Activate Your Lobo Apps Account
- You can login to Canvas AFTER you have activated your Lobo Apps account by following these steps:
- Click the "Lobo Apps link" at the top of the MPC website.
- Login with your newly activated MPC Lobo Apps Account.
- Click on the Canvas icon to access Canvas Online Courses.
Instructions for Accessing Courses in MPC Online:
- How do I login to MPC Online?
- What if I forgot my MPC Online password?
- What if I don't see my course listed in MPC Online?
#2: MPC Online and Canvas Technical Support
- You can contact the MPC Online help desk if you have any questions regarding MPC Online or Canvas.
Online courses are open to ALL students. View the Fall 2016 online course schedule for more information. You can also now "like" MPC Online on Facebook (http://facebook.com/mpconlinecourses) to learn more and get updates on MPC Online courses and programs.
Have a great semester!
- MPC Online Support Team